Thursday 24 February 2011

I Just Lost Myself

It's OK, I do it a lot. I don't lose myself in stupid soaps or games, I lose myself in my one true passion and escape- music. Music is my world, my life and my way out. If the day gets tough and I am at home, I sit down at my keyboard (with my headphones in) and play until I think I might never find myself again. I don't sit and play Mozart or Linkin Park (but I do occasionally play a tiny bit of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata), I play what I feel passionate about. I do have piano lessons, but I would never really play those pieces out of choice. I play Doctor Who, Twilight, Take That and attempt to play songs I love by ear.

This brings me onto the music I love and listen to. Going past the stereotypical screaming teenage fan-girl at a concert, I must say I hate concerts. I went to one in 2009 and after feeling I was about to be deafened, I sat outside and listened from there. People of my age around me talk of Justin Beiber, the Jonas Brothers and Tinie Tempah. I'm not even going to bother with spelling. I admire people that write and sing their own songs. And that's why I like Eliza Doolittle. My cousin introduced me to her music and since then her feel-good music has grown on me. I am also quite a big Take That fan. I'm not one of those squealing fans that go to every concert, follow them everywhere and get a tattoo saying "I Love Robbie" or "Back For Good". I just think they have amazing voices and listen to their music.

Going against what people think about 'Modern Music' and going for the young people, I really love Scouting For Girls, Green Day (my favourite!), Rogue Traders (but I only like one song), The Fray and The Hoosiers to name a few. I'm not saying these people are old, but compared to how young some singers are now...

I am now also finding you don't get many 'average' artists. They all seem to be ludicrously good-looking and have as much meat on them as a stick of celery.

I am draw, therefor, to play piano music, where no vocals are needed and I actually know vaguely what I am doing. I also feel that pianos are the most beautiful instrument in the entire world, beside the true and pure human song. I gave up on piano grades, as I don't think music is all about certificates and exams. It is about feeling proud of yourself, and choosing your style.

Music is the answer to everything, and I don't give a damn about the question.

And I would also like to wish 'Yellow Jane' a very happy birthday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou! I wish me a happy birthday too!
    I would never dream of getting a tatoo at all, never mind one with such a disgusting message...

    Comment on my blog!
    YJX

    ReplyDelete