Tuesday 22 February 2011

A Silent Language

I believe the language I am speaking of at this time is the language we can learn most of, and is the most developed, yet we learn more and more every day. I have just begun learning it, and have found it incredibly useful and interesting. I am speaking, of course, about Body Language.

It facinates me greatly and I actually want to learn it. I'm not going to talk with Germans or the French about what sports I did last weekend and what I would wear if I went to a party. I find that if you do trading, then you will find body language much more useful (but beware of the language barrier!). You can tell if someone is lying, what mood they are in and what they think of you before they open their mouth.

Sometimes though, I wish I couldn't tell what people meant. They say "Some things are better left unsaid.". So what do you do if they don't need to say it and you know?

However, I am a LONG way off being perfect. For a start, there are over 750,000 different signs, and I don't even know 50. And even if you do know all of them (getting past your head exploding) then you could easily mistake them and that could in turn affect your reaction.

I am getting the feeling that it is a bit pointless to learn however. We already know what looks shifty, if someone is lying and how people are feeling. It is always nice to know as much as you can though.

Now is probably the time to mention another 'friend' of sorts, who does rather good blogs and you should probably check them out:
Yellow Jane

2 comments:

  1. OOOHHH! I am amazingly honoured to have a LINK! WOW! I'm glad you like my blogs, i like them too, despite the randomness!
    I never knew that you could be so thoughtful, Song! Where do you get the inspiration to write about such amazingly sophistacated things?
    You are much more clever than you let on...
    YJ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking about silent language: Did you know that in sections of India, they move their head side to side, like in a disco fance to say: I agree? I found that out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete