Sunday 20 March 2011

It isn't just me

Finally, something that I am passionate about that other people are also passionate about. I have started collecting money for the Comic Relief in two years time. I will only put money in the tin, and the only time it goes out will be when I donate it at the next Comic Relief. I am quite proud of myself. I have steered away from saving up my spare money to buy a laptop or Wii game etc, and instead want to use it to change someone's life.

Then I move onto the raising money part. I have no clue how to raise it, myself being quite a shy person. I was thinking of temporarily dying my hair, in the holidays naturally, to get money, but who would pay to not see that? Most people only do a sponsered silence for a day. I was thinking of doing the full Monty and going for a week. Now that will be fun. Especially during school. And on the phone.

So what can I do to help? This is always what annoys me; I'm not old enough. I want to go out to Africa and meet and help some people there. I want to help a person that has injured themselves in the street, rather than have to walk by, not knowing what to do. I have done about seven first aid courses, but they are rather boring, and never prepare you for the full impact of actually witnessing an injured person. It's all "Elevate the limb" and "Reassure the casualty". How do you reassure the 'casualty'? What if they have numerous injuries? What if they have spinal damage? Do I really put them in the recovery position? And they aren't a casualty. They are a human being, still human, just injured. They don't want a very focused person that tells them nothing and gives them little reassurance. They want you to be human too.

Why not give part of the course on handling with their emotions? That's why I loved one of the courses. True, it did take me a year-and-a-half of weekly sessions, but I learnt loads. Plus I learned how to reassure them. Slightly anyways.

Back to age. They don't want me helping them. They would just take one look at me and go "What do you know, huh?". I want to help. I need to help for my own good. I HATE having to force myself to walk on because I can't help. Please, just accept that. I do want to help. My heart wants to help too. But my brain can't. And unfortunately, my brain controls this whole operation. What it says, I do. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. ummm..... i dont really get this... i can only think of one meaningful thing: WTF????

    ReplyDelete