Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Boy Next Door


And now I am going to move on to my second situation. It's going to be more of a summary of the time over which I fell for him.


I don't simply have crushes. When I fall in love, the rest of the world can dissolve away into nothing for all I care, so long as I'm with them.

But he confused me so badly. I had never met him for three years. Then suddenly I sit next to him in just about every lesson. I get on okay with him for the first few months. We don't talk much, but we can work together. And as we begin to get more confident around each-other, we begin to get to know the other a lot better.

I told him everything about me. My private life. The side I wouldn't want to tell anyone. But I trust him. Even if you only have ten minutes after meeting him, you will trust him. For he is the kindest and most friendly guy I know.
He is physically impossible.
How can somebody be that lovely?
I can think about it as much as I want but he is still there. Still his friendly, rather athletic (*grin*) self.

I don't know when it was I realised. It was not love at first sight, I am certain of that. It was more of a gradual progression of emotions, so that I could have looked back a month and been amazed that I could hold a vaguely normal conversation with him without secretly wishing the next line he said was the one line that every lovesick person wants to hear. Those were the "good old days".

It had been about two months when I was first aware that something had changed. I wasn't sure whether it was me, him or just the atmosphere of the class that day. But the next day I knew it was me.

I thought I stood a chance as I didn't think he was very popular.

Oh how wrong I was. Almost the whole school knows who he is. Everyone is friendly to him, and in return, he is super friendly to them.
Except one girl that just went beyond friendly and stepped into the flirting zone. She said she didn't like him, but I know enough about body language now to tell that she is lying!

The popular girl flirting with the popular boy. Well that doesn't surprise me. School is pretty much a status game.

I got my friend to ask (discretely!) if you liked me about five or six months later. The answer was that I was not his type. I may have broken down at the time, but it was short-lived. It helped me begin to get over him. As usual, I'm still not fully over him, but now I've accepted his opinion, and the alternative love life he could have. And the one I could have...
There was practically no recovery period.

5 comments:

  1. Woah
    Slow down girl. Geez, at this rate you'll run outa men.
    Don't give up. How often does he see your sparky humour or devotion and loyalty to your friends (of which both yj and I dont really posses)
    Who is this person and I shall destroy them for you.
    Remember HE WILL GO TO PROM
    ( just to stop us having to go as singles with miss John Lewis *shudder*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I haven't even got on to the next blog yet. Now that one is about the one you are talking about! :P

      Delete
    2. Speak for yourself Kat!;)
      Phoenix is this Hemlock or the other dude with the same hair i am confused. Coz if its hemlock the friendly bit confuses me ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh dear... IT'S NOT HEMLOCK!!! :P
      It's the other one (this really doesn't sound good for my minute reputation)!

      Delete
  2. Yh ur getting around a bit ;) and that girl (LuDen?) is not popular

    ReplyDelete